Monday 18 April 2016

Laura Mercier Candleglow Foundation

I get excited every time I see a new foundation release. I just love foundation and find it the most interesting make up item to try.
Just recently, I accompanied a friend of mine looking for the perfect foundation for her dry skin, so we visited some beauty counters and spent a lot of time at Laura Mercier. Predictably, I didn't go home empty handed xD.





Laura Mercier Candleglow Foundation is a new foundation by Laura Mercier. I personally have never owned any foundation from the brand ( I've only tried their tinted moisturiser. Liked it but not head over heels ). The Candleglow foundation is marketed to be a medium coverage foundation with lightweight and hydrating formula. First of all, I must say that those claims are not 100% true IMO. 

Coverage wise, Laura Mercier Candleglow foundation is rather sheer than medium. One layer of this foundation barely covers anything. I applied 2 and half layers of it on the picture above, and still you can see that it doesn't really cover the redness on my cheeks ( I had concealer too on the picture ). So, if you have a lot of blemishes or skin problems, you might find this one lacking in coverage department. I won't pinpoint the sheer coverage if Laura Mercier doesn't advertise it to be medium coverage though. There is nothing wrong with a sheer foundation as it can look very good and natural on people with less problematic skin, but don't claim it to be medium because it's misleading. 
The foundation barely covers any imperfections, but it does even out the complexion and provides a very natural finish. Think about tinted moisturiser with sheer coverage, it's what you can achieve with one layer of this foundation. Due to its dewy finish, I have to always set it with setting powder and periodically blot my Tzone area because it gets oily very quick.

Texture wise, the foundation has a lightweight liquid texture. It applies nicely and easy to blend. I find it best to apply it using damp-but not too wet beauty blender as foundation brushes can make it appear streaky. 

Overall, I don't think this foundation is a bad one. It is just not suitable for my preference and skin type. I can imagine it works beautifully for people with dry to normal skin and less problematic skin. The foundation is housed in a beautiful frosted glass bottle with a pump dispenser which is great. It retails for €48,99 / 30ml and yet it's not a bad foundation, I do think you can achieve similar - if not better effect with cheaper alternatives out there.

Have you tried any Laura Mercier base products?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment