Sunday 28 February 2016

MISSHA Magic Cushion

I like cushion foundations. I just like the concept of the product, and I am so in love with the cushion foundation from Laneige that I already repurchased it more than 3 times! However, I usually apply cushion foundation as a sheer base before the 'actual' foundation. 

Recently, a lot of Korean make up brands release some thematic cushion foundations. e.g. Beyond feat Alice in Wonderland, A'pieu feat Doraemon , The Skin Food feat Snoopy and Tony Moly feat Astro Boy. They are all look so cute and collectible that I ended up ordering one each xD ( please don't judge me. LOL. They are all on the way to me woohoo ). 







I've tried Missha famous BB Cream and it was one of my favorite BB Creams ever. I no longer have it though, but I had high expectation for the Magic Cushion Foundation. 
I picked up the shade number 21 which is the second lightest shade in the range. I usually opt for the second lightest shade whenever I am buying asian brands base makeup. They usually go very light, so second lightest shade seems like a safer option for my complexion. Glady, number 21 is a good match. It has slightly yellow undertone which I prefer to counter the redness on my cheeks and to brighten up the whole complexion. 

The Magic Cushion has a lightweight texture, it is more 'wet' compare to the Laneige one. The coverage is surprisingly good that I don't need to layer it with actual foundation. It provides a solid medium coverage which is what I usually go for everyday. I've tried applying the foundation using beauty blender or the given sponge and both work well. I no longer use stippling or buffing brush to apply my foundation though ever since I tried the original beauty blender. There is no turning back for me. lol.

The Magic Cushion applies smoothly, it evens out the complexion really well but appears a bit ashy upon application. Don't worry though because once it's set, the ashy-ness disappears. It has a nice dewy finish which is not too much, but I do need to set it with loose translucent powder to tone down the dewiness a bit. If you have dry to normal skin, you won't have to set it with powder. But on my combination skin, a lightweight translucent powder is a must because the finish is a tad too dewy for my liking. 

Talking about staying power, this Missha Magic Cushion wore a good 7-8 hour on me without any primer. My T-zone started to get shiny after 3 hour mark but nothing a good touch up powder can't solve.

I bought mine for ca. €13 and it comes with a 15gr refill. 

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment