Friday 12 February 2016

H&M Beauty High Impact Eye Colour


I went to explore H&M beauty department again some time ago and went home with two of their single eye shadows. They have a huge range and selection of colours, ranging from matte-satin-shimmery-glittery-and metallic finish. I predictably ended up with 2 reddish-plummy shades xD.









H&M Beauty High Impact Eye Colour comes in a simple ivory plastic case with transparent lid rimmed with gold edges. The packaging is simple but doesn't look cheap. The case has a good weight to it. 
I picked up 2 similar shades, Wild Sable and Sahara Dawn. I didn't realise they were so similar until I swatched them under better lighting at home, but if you know me, it's no surprise that I ended up with these 2 beautiful plummy shades. lol.

Wild Sable is a purplish plum shade with satin-sheen finish. Sahara Dawn is a burgundy shade. Both shades don't contain any shimmers nor glitters. 

Texture wise, both eye shadows have smooth-velvety texture. They apply beautifully and blend effortlessly. The pigmentation is great but not too much ( I don't really like overly pigmented products as they are usually more difficult to work with ) and they don't really need eye shadow primer because they stay on pretty well and the colour pop up even without any help from eye shadow primer. I didn't experience any noticeable fallouts which is great for something that costs only €5,99. 

Overall, I've been enjoying these mono eye shadows a lot lately. The shades are both winter appropriate and easy to work with. Despite of the rather 'bold' hue, they are still perfect for every day use and you can either tone it down or build up the intensity for bolder look. I'll definitely look at other shades available because these two are impressive.

Have you tried anything from H&M beauty line?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment