Sunday 13 December 2015

Maybelline Color Show Cream Matte lipstick



On my recent trip to Jakarta, I spotted this new range of matte lipstick from Maybelline. They're very affordable at IDR 33.000 ( ca. US$3 ) so I didn't hesitate to grab few colors at once.






Maybelline Color Show Creamy Matte Lip Colours come in a sleek black bullet with a coloured ring in the middle that imitate the color of the lipstick inside. The bullet is made of matte plastic case which doesn't catch fingerprints which is great. 
The range is quite wide. There were more than 10 shades available if I'm not mistaken. Divided into group of hues ( purple, red, pink and nude ). I picked up 2 from the purple, 1 from the nude and 1 from the red.

Lively Violet - is a true mauve shade which could make my complexion looking a bit ashy. I can trick it by applying a pink gloss over it, but it is a matte lipstick, so why layering it with gloss? 

Madly Magenta - is a bright fuchsia shade.

Pop of Pink - is a Barbie pink shade. I don't know why I picked up this shade. It is so unflattering xD

Hot Chili - is a bright chilli red. 






For lipsticks that cost roughly US$3, they're great. The texture is creamy but not slippery. They're full coverage and well pigmented. One swipe is what's needed to reach full opacity. They're easy to apply and glide on smoothly. They also don't set into lip lines.

The lighter shades don't stay on very well though which is okay for me. They still can get around 3-4 hour mark, while the bolder shades can go up to 5-6 hour mark easily.
The other thing I noticed with bolder shades ( Hot Chilli and Madly Magenta ), they tend to bleed and feather so I always frame my lips with lip pencil to avoid feathering.

Overall, they're not the best matte lipsticks I've ever encountered. But, they're certainly good for the price point. The color selection is wide and the packaging is not that bad either. 


What is your favourite matte lipstick from the drugstore?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment