Saturday 13 June 2015

Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask


I recently used up my Glam Glow Mud Mask and was looking for an alternative for it. I liked Glam Glow but I didn't notice any skin care improvement it did to my skin aside of deep cleansing which any other cheaper 'mud or clay' mask can do. After doing some research on the internet, I found a lot of positive reviews on Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask. Innisfree official website even stated that this particular clay mask has won over 22 global beauty awards!




On my recent trip to Singapore, I visited Innisfree standalone store at Takashimaya and purchased this mask. I was sold when I read the description on Innisfree's website as well as other reviews on the internet, and for only SGD20 for 100ml of products, I couldn't find better alternative to the Glam Glow at the moment. 

Innisfree claimed the Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask to be a 6in1 product ; contract pores-control serums-exfoliate-deep cleanse-brighten tone and cooling. It is made of real Jeju volcanic mineral from the explosion of Jeju volcano. The mask is also free from artificial fragrance, artificial pigments, paragons, bentophenone, Ethanol, animal deprived ingredients and mineral oils. Sounds good, right?

Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask comes in a brown plastic tube. There is nothing special with the packaging but I like the design. It also comes in a larger tube of 200ml. The mask itself is grey in color and has thick but lightweight consistency. It spreads on easily and smooth on the face. Once applied, the mask doesn't set or dry at once like the Glam Glow. It takes about 3 - 5 minutes before it sets and hardens but it doesn't feel as 'hard' or as 'tight' as the Glam Glow. It has a slight cooling effect and feels a bit stingy. I usually let it set for 10-15 minutes before rinse it off with lukewarm water. 

I've been using this mask for ca 1 month with the routine of twice-three times a week. The mask is quite mild though unlike the Glam Glow which feels a little 'harsh', so I feel safe to use it more often than the Glam Glow. And gladly I noticed some improvements to my face, my cheeks are less red and my skin feels softer and smoother and less cranky. What good is, the effect isn't just right after application but actually quite long lasting. 

Overall, I love this mask and glad I have found a substitute for the Glam Glow mask which is 3 times more expensive and actually didn't work as effective as this one. 

Have you tried any clay-or mud mask?

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment