Saturday 25 April 2015

Mary Lou Manizer

I believe I've said it often enough that I am not really keen on shimmery highlighter. But, again and again I was intrigued because I saw them looking so gorgeous on so many people that I finally decided to get one of the most famous shimmery highlighter ever ; The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer. 







The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer is a golden champagne shimmery highlighter. The shimmer is indeed very intense! The pigmentation is very bold so a little goes a long way. You need to be very light handed on application though, unless you like intense shimmer on the cheeks. The highlighter is very smooth and buttery but, you have to beware of fallout .
The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer comes in a cute solid plastic case with retro print. The case comes with a big built in mirror inside. I personally like the design and packaging from The Balm.

The highlighter has yellow undertone and is the most intense highlighter I own. But unfortunately, it has tendency to emphasize pores when applied too much. It looks very nice on picture though and especially where the light hits the face.  I usually apply it with small -not so dense -powder brush, to make the application more subtle. On my combination skin, this highlighter doesn't add up greasiness or doesn't make my face more oily since I only apply it on the hightest point of my cheeks and on the cupid's bow. If you have oily Tzone, don't apply it on the bridge of your nose unless you want to end up looking like a grease ball.

Finding the right highlighter is not an easy task for me as they all tend to looks too shiny-unnatural and too pore emphasizing on my skin. Fortunately this one is not the case as long as it is applied subtly. The staying power is great as well.

I usually apply this on a night out because on a day out, my face is shiny enough it doesn't need any highlighter LOL.

What is your favorite highlighter?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment