Wednesday 4 February 2015

Recent Rimmel Purchase

Asos was having 20% off all Rimmel stuffs so I decided to order some products from Rimmel I'd been wanting to try. I picked up the famous Stay Matte Powder, the Kate eye shadow stick in shade Rose Gold and Kate matte lipstick in shade 107.





Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transluscent - My first impression with this powder was good. The texture is silky smooth and it gives a FLAWLESS finish ( sorry for the exaggeration but the finish is just smoooooooth ). I consciously took a very close up picture so you'll be able to see what kind of finish the powder provides. In terms of oil control, this powder does what it claims. It does set foundation and makes my Tzone less oily. If you are not a fan of matte finish, don't worry because this powder does mattify unwanted shine but manages to keep the healthy glow. It is not superior to my current love Koh Gen Do face powder  but for 4,50€ it is one great alternative.

Rimmel Kate Eyeshadow Stick in Rose gold - Texture and quality wise, this eye shadow stick is identical to the famous Rimmel scandalous eye shadow stick. The color rose gold leans more towards peach but fortunately doesn't apply orange on the lids. The color is subtle and pretty and nice for daily use when I am bored of wearing neutral.

Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 107 - I am a fan of this formula. I think they are one of my fave matte lipsticks. The shade #107 is a deep vampy red. It is actually darker in real life, I don't know why it appears lighter on the picture above. The lipstick has creamy - powdery texture and matte finish. The formula is not drying at least compare to MAC matte lipsticks. The staying power is not very good for matte lipstick though, but I don't mind because it is rare for me to find comfortable matte lipstick.

Overall, I am happy with this spontaneous purchase. Rimmel still belongs to one of my favorite drugstore brands.

What is your favorite drugstore brand? Do you have fave item from Rimmel?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment