Saturday 31 January 2015

By Terry Teint Delectation Plumping Fluid Foundation

This is a long overdue post. I bought this By Terry plumping fluid foundation ca. 7 months ago on sale for only €26 instead of its regular price over €60! 
I didn't have anything from the brand before, but I know it is famous for being cult and very expensive, so when I saw it on sale, I bought it without doing any research before.



Shade #1 - Milky Vanilla



I struggled to find the shade that matches my complexion, and after some swatches, I decided to go home with the lightest shade they had which is actually pretty dark consider it being the lightest. I was very hesitant but the beauty advisor told me that this foundation applies lighter on the face, so I let her applied it on my face and surprisingly it matched my complexion pretty good and I am MAC NC 20-25. 
The foundation is housed in a hefty glass bottle with a pump. The packaging looks old school to me, like typical 90's high end foundation packaging. It is in no mean cheap looking, only I think the packaging could receive some improvement in terms of design.
Texture wise, the foundation has liquid - runny consistency. It blends easily and applies beautifully. The coverage is sheer medium to solid medium and the formula feels very lightweight on the skin. It evens out my complexion well and covers enough imperfections and redness. I really like the initial finish of this foundation as it provides a natural radiant finish. By Terry claimed it to be moisturizing and offered the benefits of skincare to achieve youthful looking skin - which I do agree. I also love the fact that this foundation doesn't have SPF which makes it great for photography ( you can see how beautiful it looks on the pict above, right? ). One thing I wish it got is a good oil control. Okay I am aware that this foundation offers moisturizing benefit , not great oil control. And By Terry is a brand marketed towards more mature audience, so I can understand that they will appreciate the extra moisture. But for me personally, as much as I like the finish and how it looks on picture, this foundation turns my face into oily mess in 2-3 hours which is a big no no for me. I always need to blot it with powder like every hour. I think this foundation will work way better for dehydrated skin or dry skin, as normal to oily skin will definitely suffer from the excess oil.

The foundation has a shea butter - nutty scent which I personally like. Overall, I would give this foundation to my mom as she has dry skin, I hope it will work for her.

Have you tried anything from By Terry?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment