Thursday 6 November 2014

The Retoucher

My encounters with Charlotte Tilbury make up have been pleasant and positive, and this concealer stick is not an exception. 
I initially wanted to try the YSL Touche Eclat but as it is more a highlighter / brightener as concealer, I was not sure about it. When I read about this similar product from CT, I thought maybe it would fulfill my needs better.






The retoucher comes in a almost identical packaging like the YSL Touche eclat, only the Retoucher is shorter and a bit bulkier. The stick comes with an integrated brush and all we need to do is to give it few clicks and the product will come out through the brush, exactly the same mechanism with the YSL. I personally like the design of the packaging, it is well made, sturdy and looks expensive. The integrated brush might not be the most hygiene thing, but it is convenient for on the go touch up. I always wipe the brush with make up wipes after I apply the product.
I picked up the shade number 2, which is actually matches my complexion very well, not lighter as I usually like my concealer to be. The reason why is because I didn't intend this to be used as under eye brightener. I would like to use it as real concealer and for on the go touch up kit, that's why I prefer to take the same shade, not lighter. I also like that the shade has a slightly beige-yellowy undertone so it counters redness around my nose and cheeks pretty well.
The retoucher has creamy and rich texture. It is a bit thick but it is very emollient and blends effortlessly. It doesn't look cakey despite of its great coverage. The retoucher feels very hydrating and moisturized, so it provides a very radiant-dewy finish which is I must say, very flattering especially for the under eye area. It instantly brightens up the whole face. The coverage is great and it covers up and brightens up my under eye area as well as other spots on my face I'd like to cover.
The packaging is very convenient for traveling so I always have this on my on the go make up pouch as it can also perform as touch up concealer.

The retoucher retails for €30 / 3,5ml.
What is your current favorite concealer / under eye brightener?
Love,
Pam


No comments:

Post a Comment