Tuesday 25 November 2014

Sephora Favorites Give Me More Lip

I made another Sephora US order few weeks ago. I just couldn't resist those holiday sets. This Give Me More Lip was part of my order. 



The set consists of 17 lip products in mini / deluxe size. I thought it would be great for me to try out some brands I have never tried before like Buxom, Bite Beauty, or OCC . The color selection is great as you get reds, pink, nudes and berries with different finish as well. After few weeks trying out the lippies, here are my short review on each product.







  • Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Icon - This lip liquid is very very matte. I can't imagine wearing it more than 15 minutes as it is very sticky, very matte , very dry and very heavyweight. The pigmentation is the bomb , but it bleeds and feathers so bad. 
  • Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Lip Color in Red Amour - A nice creamy lipstick. The finish is creamy satin. It glides on smoothly, doesn't dry up the lips and doesn't set into lip lines. It stays on pretty well.
  • Kat von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Outlaw - A very pigmented lip liquid / cream. The finish is velvet , semi matte. It has a lightweight texture and pretty comfortable on the lips. It stays on the whole day and stains the lips.
  • Sephora Collection Rouge Infusion in Red Essence - A nice terracota / brownish red lip stain. The lip stain has wet and sticky texture, similar to the YSL Glossy Stains. It is not drying and doesn't accentuate choppy lips. 
  • OCC Black Dahlia Lip Tar - I didn't know how to apply this. I tried lip brush, fingers or straight from the nozzle tip, but nothing really worked. The lip tar is very pigmented but doesn't apply evenly and appeared patchy. It has similar finish of a lip stain. 
  • Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tint in Moody - It is typical chubby stick lip product. It feels balmy and hydrating for the lips. It has very nice texture , but nothing extra ordinary. 
  • Buxom Mini Full Bodied Lipstick in Menace - My first time trying Buxom lipstick and this one didn't disappoint me. It is a very nice creamy lipstick. The pigmentation is good, the texture is smooth and the staying power is good. 
  • Fresh Sugar Berry Tinted Lip Treatment - I really liked how it smells, definitely would buy if there was a perfume of it :D. The balm itself is very emollient and almost bordering slippery. It tends to migrate to the lip edges and because of the too slippery texture, it doesn't apply evenly and is not hydrating for the lips.
  • Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in Palomino - Amazing pigmentation, creamy smooth texture and glides on effortlessly . The finish is satin semi matte and it blurs out the lip lines. A very good formula but unfortunately not my color.
  • Benefit Hydrating Tinted Lip Balm in Posie - I am glad I didn't buy it when it first launched. This lip balm is almost clear and barely has any pigmentation. It has slippery texture, similar to the Fresh one. Considering its full price, I don't think it is worth the money at all.
  • Too Faced Melted Long Wear Lipstick in Fuchsia - First of all, I am not really a fan of the packaging. It definitely needs lip brush for application or otherwise it will get very messy. It has great pigmentation, smooth matte finish and feels a tad drying. But it is relatively comfortable. The color is so bright it is almost neon, I'm afraid I will glow in the dark wearing it xD
  • Tarte LipSurgence Power Pigment in Flushed - On the contrary to the other Tarte product, this one feels a bit waxy. It has mint stingy sensation. The pigmentation is good and it stains the lips but I prefer the other one.
  • Stila Stay All Day Vinyl Lip Gloss in Nude Vinyl - It is actually a very nice nude pinkish shade. Unfortunately, the formula is so patchy and thick it is almost impossible to apply it evenly. It has semi matte finish.
  • Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Blush - Just an ordinary lip gloss. It feels a bit sticky , pretty hydrating and doesn't dry up my lips. The milky color appears a bit patchy and applies rather uneven.
  • bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Speak Your Mind - I had no expectation on this one and it is surprisingly good! It has very nice texture, lightweight and creamy. The shade itself is pretty as well.
  • Too Faced Lip Cream in Naked Dolly - It has nice balmy texture. Unfortunately, the shade is not my color at all. But judging from the formula, I can imagine myself buying another shades.
  • MUFE Waterproof Lip Liner pencil - It is how a good lip pencil needs to be. Soft, smooth, and pigmented. The shade is nice and it performs well as a base for lip gloss or lipstick.
Overall, I think this set is great if you want to try a lot of products. But for long term use, I think it is less efficient because I just can't really get along with those mini lipsticks. They are so mini and difficult to use, like any wrong move can break them easily. This set is great like a bunch of samples, but not a must.

Have you tried any of the lip products in this set? 
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment