Sunday 4 May 2014

Florita

After reading a lot of rave reviews on the Rouge Bunny Rouge blushes, I couldn't resist the temptation to jump on the bandwagon. This post from Shari must be pleaded guilty for my puchase. :P


I forgot to take picture before I use this blush, sorry for the not-so-mint-condition picture :p



applied heavily for pict purpose


I am a fan of the entire concept of Rouge Bunny Rouge, it is always a joy to browse their website ( not a joy for my wallet though! ) and I think they really managed to become a high end cult brand with excellent quality!
This is what RBR says on its website about the original skin blush range :

Original Skin Blush blends with a sheer, melting touch for a naturally luminous silky glow. A medley of active ingredients, including Uhaloa from Hawaii, (also known as Velvet-leaf) and modern technologies impart a long term brightening effect. Indian Gooseberry Extract stands guard against free radicals. Sheer pearls amplify the creamy soft touch and ensure a limpid glow. Innovative powders entwine with your skin to preserve perfection all day long. Result is 'your skin but better' effect; you’ll wonder how you blushed before.

Kind of snobby claim, isn't it? Well but I must say they don't lie! 
The blush comes in a simple black case with built in mirror. There is nothing spectacular about the packaging but it functions well and doesn't consume a lot of space in my dressing table. 
I settled with Florita, a pinky red shade. Florita has fine shimmer but nothing chunky or flakey. I can imagine Florita looking beautiful on a lot complexions. 
The texture of this blush is incredibly fine and soft that it is almost bordering creamy. When you swipe your finger on the surface, it feels very soft, silky  , light and not powdery at all. The pigmentation is great so you have to be a bit careful with application. I usually apply it using Yachiro blush brush to diffuse the color proportionally on the cheeks. Florita has satin finish, really beautiful and flattering on the cheeks. It gives an instant flush and glow without being over the top. 
Application is easy breezy with this blush as the formula is excellent! It blends effortlessly to the skin despite of the high pigmentation. 
There is something on the finish that makes me swoon over this blush. I think it must be the subtle but remarkable glowing sheen on the cheeks! It compliments the entire look and makes me look younger / fresh in a way.
The staying power is good, I got around 6-7 hours of wear which is okay for me. I don't notice any strong scent either.

If I have to find 1 downside, it would be the price. This blush retails for €28 but we only get 3,5gr of product which is very little in comparison to MAC blush at €23 / 6gr, or NARS blush at €26 / 4,8 gr..
But anyway, this blush is one excellent product!

Have you tried anything from Rouge Bunny Rouge?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment