Wednesday 23 April 2014

Maybelline Bold Matte Lipsticks

It is not easy to find a good matte lipstick that is not too drying on the lips. My favorite so far is the  ones from Kate Moss-Rimmel London with the red bullets. Then my sister told me she found a matte lipstick from Maybelline that she really likes, and since the range is not available in Germany, I asked my mom to get me some and send them to me together with some goodies from home.






MAT2

MAT 6

My mom got me shade number 2 and 6. #2 is a very bright orange ( way brighter than it appears in picture! It actually looks similar to the shirt I am wearing in this pict.. ) and #6 is a deep classic red - a shade that every woman should have in their collection in my opinion! 
The lipsticks are housed in a square edged bullet with matte closure? lid? cap? ( sorry guys, I just don't know how it's called! xD ). The packaging is actually very nice for a drugstore lipstick. 
The texture is creamy and not drying at all. The finish is not completely matte though! Matte lipsticks from MAC for example are truly matte. These one are more on the velvet side I'd say! This bold matte lipsticks are highly pigmented. One swipe is enough to get opaque and I love that it doesn't feather and bleed so the application is easy peasy and no lip liner needed. 
Unlike most matte lipsticks, these don't stay very long on the lips. Because of the creamy texture, they are not transfer resistant and they get easily removed if you drink or eat. They will stain your cup / glass as well. 
Overall, they feel comfortable on the lips and not at all drying, instead they feel quite hydrating. I don't find them accentuating the lip lines but they don't help blurring flakiness if you have some. 
I have been enjoying them so far and I do think they're a good product especially for the price. They retail around USD$ 5 each. I will have a look at other shades on my trip to Asia in 2 weeks! woohoo!

Have you seen this range on your local drugstore?
Love,
Pam


No comments:

Post a Comment