Wednesday 25 September 2013

KIKO Long Lasting Stick Eye Shadow

I have been buying a few products from KIKO lately because they are having sale. Lovely Kate from drivelaboutfrivol wrote a post about this eyeshadow stick from KIKO and I have been wanting to try them since then.
So when KIKO was having sale, I took the chance and picked up 2 of these stick eye shadows.



I picked up the shade #07 Golden Beige and #05 Rosy Brown. Later I realized how similar both shades are to my recent Rimmel Scandalous stick eyeshadow
Rosy Brown is a dirty brown shade, it looks dirtier and less bronzy than on the swatch below. It has a lot glitter particles but not in any way flaky. Golden Beige is a light shimmery champagne shade which is perfect for highlighting inner corner or lower lash line. Some people love it for highlighting the brow bones but it is too shimmery for it, imho.
Both shades are indeed very similar to the Rimmel ones that I also have, but once applied, they are less alike. As I said before, Rosy Brown is dirtier and leans more to 'taupe brown' on the lids while Bad Girl Bronze from Rimmel leans more to bronze-coppery shade. And Golden Beige leans more to gold while Bulletproof Beige leans more to peach.


These stick eyeshadows from KIKO are creamy, smooth and easy to apply. They don't tug on the lids and glide on very well. They are easier to blend in comparison to the Rimmel ones which dry up very quick. The sticks from KIKO  take longer time to dry up and set so we have more time to blend. 
I love the fact that they are shimmery and glittery so they are good worn alone. They have duo chrome effect which looks very nice on the lids.
The staying power is amazing. They don't budge , don't move, don't smudge, really long lasting. I also like the fact that they are retractable but have small tip so we can go without sharpener without worrying that the tip will get dull and difficult to apply.

I am overall very happy with the purchase, will definitely look at more shades !

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment