Friday 30 August 2013

Bloggers ( and Youtubers ) Made Me Buy Them

Watching youtube videos and blogwalking are my favorites things to do in my spare time. I can literally spend the whole day in front of my laptop, watching youtube videos and blogwalking. That, results in me wanting almost every thing that the beauty gurus/bloggers recommend. I have to admit that my make up wish list grew longer and longer. Emily from the BeautyBroadcast on youtube just did the 'Youtube Made Me Buy It TAG' recently and I thought it would be fun to do so.
Almost 70-80% of my make up collection is purchased based on beauty gurus or bloggers' recommendations, but there are some products that I bought mainly because they are so raved and hyped and loved and often talked by beauty gurus/bloggers ( very bad for a curious cat like me :p ).


Urban Decay Naked2 Palette - Probably the most talked about and recommended eye shadow palette ever after. Following the success of its sister ; Naked original, this 2nd edition has gained so much attention and love from the beauty community. I didn't buy it, because it was given to me as a birthday gift 2 years ago, but I did write it on the wish list and I would had bought it by myself if it wasn't given to me. 

Rimmel London Apocalypse Lip Lacquer - One of my recent purchase, I finally caved in after reading and watching so many people rave about it. It was on sale in asos so I picked it up. The shade I picked was Big Bang, a gorgeous bright red. I didn't regret the purchase at all but I don't know if I will buy other shades.

Clinique Chubby Stick - The mother of all the lip pencils hype. This product was soooooooo hyped around the german beauty community. I know it was famous everywhere but seemed like it adjusted very well to the german market. I took time for me to like the formula at the beginning, but now I am head over heels with it. I have bought a lot of its 'wanna be' from different brands, but mainly cheaper alternatives and I must say, the one from Clinique is still the best one. 

Bourjois Little Round Pot Blushes - Sleepandwater's blogpost here was the biggest reason why I purchased the pretty little blushes from Bourjois. I didn't regret it at all, though they tend to get harder after times because of the baked consistency, but I still love it. I usually use brush with slightly more rough bristles to get the product and I find that the mini brush given is perfect to use at times when the blush gets harden. Overall a very nice blush, smells amazing and looks pretty on my dressing table.

Revlon Lip Butters - Together with Naked2, this is also probably the most raved, loved, hyped and talked about lip product. I remember I wanted them so bad I asked my mom to send me some from Indonesia because Revlon is not available in Germany. But I have to say I was disappointed. They are not bad, but not as great as I expected them to be. They are not moisturizing enough as 'lip butter' and the texture is a bit drying and rough ( because of the glitters ) imho. Most of them are also too shimmery for my liking. I def prefer the Chubby stick from Clinique and its 'alternatives' better than Revlon lip butters.

Manhattan Clear Face Powder - It won the best face powder for yearsssss in Germany and almost every German beauty bloggers/gurus love it so much so I had to try it out! It is indeed a very good finishing powder. It keeps my face looking matte and less oily for hours and the finish is very natural and not cakey or blotchy. A drugstore gem that is comparable to the famous MAC blotting powder.

Catrice All Matt Foundation - When Catrice took it out from the standard collection last season, people got hysterical and when Catrice brought it back, people got overly excited so I gave it a go because I was so curious why so many people love it.  A lot of german beauty bloggers that I follow, are mostly loving this foundation. This foundation has won many awards as well. 

Clarins Beauty Flash Balm - I think this is the only skin care that I bought because of the hype. I am very picky when it comes to skin care so I rarely buy skin care based on other people's reviews. I usually do my own research and come to the counter to do consultation with the advisor. But I have read sooooo many great reviews about this balm so I couldn't resist to pick it up when the dept.store where I work part time was having regular end of the month employees' discount. It is not a long term skin care I'd say, but more like a emergency helper. There is something in it that can transform unpresentable-tired-exhausted skin to a presentable-bright-fresh skin. I try my best to wear it only on special occasions so my skin doesn't get used to it. 

Do you have products that you bought under the influence of the beauty community?

Love,
Pam





No comments:

Post a Comment