Monday 5 August 2013

Big Bang!

Unless you live underwater, you must have at least once heard of this Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Lacquer ( or Rimmel London Show off, in the US ). I was not really interesting on trying because I am not really a fan of lip lacquer in general. But asos was having sale on some Rimmel London products and the apocalips were marked down to 4€ instead of 7 or 8€ so I decided to give it a try.




The packaging is okay for drugstore brand. It is nothing spectacular but it is not bad either. It comes with a doe foot applicator which does its job very well.


The shade I picked ; Big Bang, is a bright chili red. It is very bright it looks almost neon. The texture is lightweight and reminds me a bit of the YSL glossy stain. When first applied, it feels very liquidy, like a lip stain, but later it feels a bit 'lip gloss like'. The formulation is very interesting. Oh but it smells a bit weird , kind of plasticky.



I fell in love with how vibrant it is. But I don't really feel comfortable wearing super bright bold lips in Summer especially when it is 30'C outside. But I found another way to wear this lip lacquer without being too much. So, first I apply it normally then blot it with tissue paper. It then leaves a very nice  pinkish stain and it stays on very long.




To be honest, I like it better when it's blotted. Mainly because I have too many similar vibrant red shades so this one is not something very different. But the pinkish stain is something different as I don't own a lot of lip stain and this one is not drying at all and looks natural as if my lips were naturally pink.

Overall, it is a very nice product but I don't think I'll buy another shades in the near future because I have too many lip products I barely use.

Which finish do you like better? blotted or non blotted?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment