Thursday 6 June 2013

Bourjois BB Cream 8in1

On my trip to Riga-Latvia, I visited the drugstore and was so happy to find a Bourjois stand. Unfortunately the price was a bit higher than the retail price in Germany , but this BB Cream compact was on sale for 20% off and I found it very interesting, being a BB Cream in a compact. So it landed in my shopping basket!




This BB Cream claims to be 8in1;

"Bourjois’ BB cream compact foundation is your make-up and skin care ‘dream cream’ – a compact foundation with eight actions in one. It perfects, smoothes and evens out the complexion, targets and corrects imperfections and smoothes away signs of fatigue. This compact foundation erases shine, is anti-aging, provides long-lasting hydration and has SPF 20 protection. The creamy texture gives you a perfectly smooth, even complexion for a velvety ‘second skin’ finish and a medium coverage."

Sounds promising, doesn't it?





The BB Cream comes in a compact case like a face powder with a mirror that swivels 360'. I really like the packaging especially the big built in mirror. But the case gets dirty easily because of the creamy consistency of the BB Cream .



My shade is #23 - Beige Rose. On my hand, it looks a tad too dark for my skin but on my face, it matches my complexion really well. The BB cream has a very creamy consistency which I didn't expect at all. I expected the consistency to be more 'firm / solid' because of the compact form. But I don't mind the creamy texture though because it applies very smoothly , almost glides on my face like butter. Despite of the very creamy texture, it dries up to matte-velvety finish and not greasy at all.

BEFORE

AFTER


The BB Cream itself has a medium coverage which is buildable. Even though it has quite a decent coverage, it isn't cakey or dull looking. I usually apply the product on my face using damp beauty blender as brushes tend to be streaky. I don't use the given sponge as I don't like the idea of putting the damp sponge back to the case. 

The finish is very natural and it covers up just enough flaws and imperfections. I don't feel the urge to top it with powder as the finish is quite matte. It takes a good 5-6 hours before requiring touch up / blotting powder. In comparison to Bourjois healthy mix foundation, I prefer this one because it has better oil control and it provides more coverage without being 'heavy'.

As much as I like this one, I'd say it is more a cream foundation to me rather than a BB Cream. The anti aging claim left me a question mark as I didn't notice any improvement in terms of skin care. The shade range available is also very limited making it unfair for people with deeper complexion. It also contains only 6gr of product and it is not cheap for drugstore price level ( it retails for 12 GBP in the UK ) . 
But nonetheless I am very happy with this BB Cream.!

Have you ever heard of this BB Cream from Bourjois?

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment