Tuesday 14 May 2013

My Foundation Routine for Spring / Summer

After the endless winter, it is now finally spring here in Berlin. It's sometimes still cold and windy , but at least, the sun is there and the weather is warmer. 

So, now I want to do a little different post than the usual product reviews and show you my foundation routine for the warmer months. 

STEP 1 - 4
Skin Care + Base

  1. Clarins Pore Minimizing Serum. 
    • I've been using this serum for the last 6 months and I still love it so far. It minimizes the appearance of big pores and smoothes the skin texture.
  2. Hada Labo Hyaluronic Acid face lotion.
    • My new holy grail skin moisturizer. I first tried it when I was in Indonesia and it is so moisturizing without being greasy or oily. In winter , I usually apply the moisturizing milk after this lotion ( it has water consistency even though it is called lotion. It is common for asian skin care ) but in warmer months, the milk is a bit too 'moisturizing'.
  3. Paul and Joe Protective Foundation Primer UV SPF 40++
    • I use this primer regardless of the seasons. It has high SPF which I need especially in spring/summer and it doesn't make my skin oily although It doesn't make my make up last longer either. That's why I still apply another primer over this one.
  4. Benefit Porefessional.
    • I apply Benefit Porefessional over my Paul&Joe protective base because I noticed that it works better when applied after the Paul&Joe primer. It gives a smooth-matte base and my make up stays on longer over this base. 






STEP 5-6
Foundation + Concealer + Powder

  • I really like this foundation. It covers up just enough imperfections without making my skin look dull. It has beautiful finish with impressive staying power. It doesn't look cakey and it is perfect for warmer seasons. 

  • I've been having this concealer for around 2 months and I've been using it literally almost every single day. It is a nice decent concealer for under eye areas. It doesn't provide a lot of coverage but it is brightening so I don't mind the minimum coverage. 

7.   Essence Fix and Matte Translucent Loose Powder

  • Setting powder is a must for warmer months since I have oily T-zone. But I prefer translucent powder because it gives more natural and flawless finish without being cakey. This powder from Essence is really nice and finely milled.



So that's my foundation routine for spring / summer! :D
I sometimes switch the foundation with another one or BB Creams but most of the time, I use the Revlon one. 

What is your foundation routine for warmer months?

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment