Friday 24 May 2013

Maybelline New York Pure BB Mineral 8 in 1

I got this from a lovely friend of mine, she got it from Taiwan so I bet this version is only available in Asia. 
As some of you might have known, I am usually not a friend of Maybelline face product, either foundation or BB Cream. They are always too cakey or too yellow for my complexion. So, is this one an exception? Let's see.





The BB Cream comes in a squeeze tube packaging which not the most beautiful packaging ever, but indeed practical. It is travel friendly, easy to dispense and hygienic. This BB Cream comes with SPF 50 PA +++, please don't ask me what does the +++ mean, but I think it means a super good protection for the skin against the UV. 



This BB Cream has liquid consistency but not watery. As you see on the swatches above, it doesn't really have a strong yellow undertone like the other Maybelline face products usually have. The undertone is more natural - beige.
This BB Cream promises to give 8 in 1 benefits which are :
radiance, smoothness, improve clarity, better appearance, more even tone, less redness, more hydration and fewer lines. 8 benefit promise is a bit too high of expectation I'd say, but let's see if all the 8 benefit promise is true. 

BEFORE


AFTER


This is what the website says :
" Maybelline Pure mineral BB mineral 8 in 1 is a japanese BB Cream formulated with 8 minerals to improve 8 aspects of skins in 8 weeks. The BB Cream helps protect against intense UV Rays, moisturize, increase skin's smoothness, enhance skin's clarity, give a healthy glow looking, cover pores, brighten skin tone by 1 shade , and even skin tone. The water based formulation dries to non sticky finish, leaving skin feel fresh and comfortable all day. Developed to suit japanese women skin tone. "

This BB Cream has surprisingly natural radiance finish. The coverage is sheer, just enough to even out the complexion but not really cover blemishes or some 'hardcore' redness. But even though the finish is sheer and  lightweight, the texture is more on the 'heavy' side. It doesn't soak in to my skin really well. It is like I can definitely feel like I am wearing a kind of thick foundation though the finish is natural and radiance.
My skin looks healthy wearing this BB Cream, but I must say the oil control is not really the best. I have to blot it with powder after 2 hours and constantly touching up every another 2-3 hours. The finish
can be a bit cakey if my skin is not well moisturized before. This BB Cream is not scented which is good for those of you who are sensitive to scent. But in other hand, it smells like chemical/medicine which I don't really fancy. But not a big deal .
After trying this BB Cream for the past month, I didn't experience any breakouts but I didn't experience my skin getting better either like it promises to.

So overall, this BB Cream did live up to my expectation. It is definitely better than any Maybelline BB Cream / Foundation I've ever encountered but it is not a favorite for me.

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment