Saturday 19 January 2013

Worth the Hype?

A lot of fellow beauty bloggers have done 'best of 2012' posts, and some of them even did a survey that allows the readers to vote for their fave products ( just like temptalia.com did ). Almost on all surveys that I read ( from fellow german bloggers ), this Manhattan clear Face Compact Powder won the prize as the best compact powder. Even against high end brand. So out of curiosity, I picked this up. 




The powder comes in a plastic case with transparant cap . The case is a bit filmsy but for 3,95€, I can't complain much. It also comes with a sponge in funny shape which is quite good. I wish it came with mirror too, so I don't have to carry a separate mirror.




The powder feels so smooth and buttery. It is finely milled and fallout is minimal. The powder is not translucent so you have to find the right shade for your complexion. 



 BEFORE-BARE FACE

AFTER-WEARING ONLY THE POWDER

Once applied, I was surprised at how pigmented the powder is. It covers my imperfections , redness and hyper pigmentations pretty well. It evens out my complexion too. Texture and formula wise, it reminds me a bit of MAC blotting powder, but with more pigmentation. 
This powder also keeps my face matte for ca. 5 hours straight which is impressive. 
One downside is , that it can accentuate dry patches , so make sure your skin is well moisturized .

Conclusion : does it worth the hype? absolutely. I wish I discovered this earlier. This powder is so good!

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment