Sunday 9 December 2012

Skin Food

I am always curious to try BB Cream even though I have already a lot at home that I probably won't ever use up. ( The same thing goes with lipsticks, blushes, foundations, etc etc -_____-" ).  The ( mostly ) cute packaging from BB Creams are what usually drives me to buy them and the same thing happened to my newest addition from Skin Food.

Skin Food Good Afternoon Peach Green Tea BB Cream ( WHAT A MOUTHFUL NAME!! LOL ) is an oil controlling and mattifying BB cream with SPF 20 PA+. It claims to maintain a bright morning skin throughout the day without darkening or smudging. It also suppose to be oil controlling and mattifying which sounds perfect for my oily skin.

Look at the packaging!! So cute, isn't it??



This BB Cream comes in a squeezing tube with a cute print on it.. I love the squeezing tube for foundation or BB Cream for the hygiene reason. 



The BB Cream has liquid to creamy consistency. It is not so watery but is also not too creamy, something in between I'd say. The shade is quite pale and leans more toward pink-undertone which I like. This BB Cream has a really strong floral scent that might be a problem for some people. I usually don't have problem with scented make up, but I find the scent is a bit too overwhelming and unnecessary.

Do you notice the quality different from my previous before-after pictures? I used my new camera for this picture. :)

As you can see on the picture above, this BB Cream has good coverage, I must say sheer to medium. It evens out my skin tone and covers some blemishes, redness and hyperpigmentation really well. The texture isn't the easiest to blend, and I find it the best to work with Real Technique Stippling Brush. I personally don't really like the feeling of this BB cream. It feels thick and that you are wearing a ton of make up, though the finish look on my face doesn't look cakey or mask-like. It kinda reminds me of Skin 79 Pink BB Cream that I am not keen of. The staying power is good for BB Cream, it stays on for 6-7 hours without requiring any touch up. The oil control and mattifying is good but not excellent. It also didn't break me out.

Overall, I think this BB Cream is good if you want good coverage, oil control and matte finish. If you have problem with scented make up, you might want to stay away because this one has a strong smell.
I personally don't really like it, but I have to say that this BB Cream isn't a bad product especially for the affordable price.

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment