Sunday 21 October 2012

Secret Romance

Rival de Loop Young is a brand by Rossmann , a local drugstore in Germany. RdL Young doesn't usually catch my interest because their products are mostly targeted for young teenage girls. But RdL Young is having a limited edition lately and the highlighter powder caught my attention.



The highlighter powder comes in a simple but sturdy packaging. I love this kind of packaging because there is enough room for my powder or blush brush to swipe over the powder.
The powder is perfectly milled and absolutely smooth and buttery. There is no fall out and the texture is not powdery or dusty at all. 
The pigmentation is sheer, but is buildable. It doesn't contain any glitter particles which I like so much. This is a highlighter that gives you a real natural and subtle glow and won't make you look like a disco ball or make your pores look bigger ( I'm looking at you, Benefit High Beam! ). The good thing is, it looks also really good as a higlighter for browbones, cupid bows and the bridge of my flat mushroom nose.

The pink swatch is Burberry Cameo Blush, review coming soon.

I hope you can notice the subtle glow

I am overall really impressed with this highlighter. It is so subtle and natural that I can wear it on daily basis , not only on a night out or special ocassions ( once again, I am looking at you, High Beam! ). I've been looking for a highlighter like this for a long time, and I am so happy that I finally found it on a drugstore product. Too bad this is a limited edition,  but it contains 15 gr of product, which I think is a really generous amount for its price which is under 4€.

What is your all time favorite highlighter?

Love,
Pam


No comments:

Post a Comment