Wednesday 12 September 2012

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain

I know fuschia is not really my cup of tea but I sometimes don't know why I keep buying fuschia lipstick even though I don't really like how the color looks like on my lips. #firstworldproblem.
Revlon recently launched a new lip product called just bitten lip balm stain. The lip stain supposes to have the texture and consistency of a lip balm but an effect like a lip stain. Sounds promising, right?


Since I am always curious to try products that get so much attention, I finally bought this lip balm stain even though after swatching all shades available at Boots and Superdrug , I didn't really find a color I like. 
The shade #20  is what I like the most among the other not really likeable shades I swatched.

The lip balm stain comes in a 'pen' form that looks extremely similar to Clinique Chubby Stick.


*How the color looks like right after application, photo taken with flashed camera*

The product itself does match the description. It feels like a lip balm but it has the effect of lip stain. The pigmentation is great and the staying power is good. The color does get darker with times just like the other lip stains. 
It feels comfortable on my lips but it has a strong minty scent and it stings a bit like lip plumper.

*How it looks like after 3-4 hours after application, include drinking, snacking and blabbering. Photo taken without flashed camera ( and don't mind the Rimmel Foundi watermark)*

As much as I wanted to love this product, I just can't. I am not saying this is a bad product, but this is just not for me. It's not about the fuschia color, but also the formulation and the strong minty scent and the tingling sensation that make me not reaching for this really often.

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment