Friday 18 May 2012

YSL Rouge Pur Couture Vernis À Lèvres Glossy Stains Review & Swatches

It's only about time until I get my hands on this super famous glossy stain from YSL. I did some impulsive shopping with my girlfriend ; Putri. We have been wanting to try this glossy stain for sooooo long but we held ourselves back, because we knew there's no way we could say no to this pretty and gorgeous lippies. And we were right, as we gave up and let ourselves try this glossy stain, we just fell in love instantly. It was almost miracle that we didn't end up buying more than 1.( But yeah, it's only about time until we buy another shades. T.T ) Okay enough blabbering, here are our glossy stains :


*Mine is #5 and Putri's is #3*


#5 - Rouge Vintage is rosy red color which looks pink on the packaging and hand swatch, but leans more red on my lips. I was surprised to see how red it looks on my lips. I'm gonna describe it as raspberry red and it's kind of red that is safe to wear everyday.


#3 - Brun Cachemire - is more a brown shade. It looks caramel on hand swatch and looks rosewood on the packaging. My friend, Putri has darker complexion than me, therefore is this color more suitable for her.


The packaging isn't the prettiest YSL could bring, but it's practical. The applicator is the highlight, because it looks so unique and it picks color well and applies it smoothly, also the sharp end allows precise application along the lip lines.
The glossy stain formula feels really comfortable, cool and watery on my lips. It dries down pretty quick to a velvety feel which I find really interesting. The color is really buildable so you can wear it sheer or opaque. This glossy stain gives you a nice natural juicy but not too glossy finish. 
The other good thing is ; it lasts for HOURS. It stays on really well even after eating and much talking . Impressive.
The downside? The 30€ pricetag T.T


Here is my #5 glossy stain, as you can see on the picture, it looks really pink even on the applicator. That's why I was pretty surprised how it leans so much red on my lips. But no problem, I like it anyway. 

#3 on Putri's lips. Forgive the bad lighting, I took this picture with my blackberry camera T.T


#5 on my lips. I like one layer application better than 2. One layer application looks so natural but pretty. It's like the colour of your natural lips but much much better.



What do you think of this pretty babes?
I'm so in love and now I have 3 more shades in my wishlist #7, #12, and #15. ( dangerous alarm for my financial balance. :'/ )

Have a nice Saturday!
xx,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment